Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Angel of Music

First of all,

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

My Halloween isn't going to be amazingly crazy and fun, but I think a couple of friends and I are going to get together and dress up and take pictures....and then go back to working on our midterms. Lame, I know, but I guess that's what happens when you get to grad school. But last night...last night was awesome!

I went with friends to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. This is actually the 3rd time I've seen that musical, but the first two times were in Portland and there is really no comparison. Somehow seeing a show in its home where it has been being performed for the past 20 years means that everything is so spot on perfect that after a while you don't even realize you're seeing a stage show and you just end up getting lost in the story. I think all of us who saw it are going to be humming the songs for several days...or weeks haha. Also, I got the tickets through my discount membership thing and so I figured we were going to be in the rear mezzanine but, in fact, we ended up being in the back of the orchestra so our seats were awesome!

Because we saw the show the day before Halloween we saw so many people dressed up on the subways and walking around the city. Some of the costumes were fairly crazy haha. But it was kind of fun to see everybody all dressed up.

The Stage
Because of the flash this picture turned out very Phantom-like I think
 That's really all the news for now.  I'm headed off to work on my midterm essay.  But because I'll be humming it all day anyway, I'll leave you with a video of The Phantom of the Opera performing at the 1988 Tony Awards.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment