Today I met up with a friend and we went to see the show Gazillion Bubbles but actually my interesting day started on the subway when a Mariachi band was randomly playing. So I had a very musical start to my day. Anyway, back to Bubbles. It was actually a pretty good show. I can definitely see kids liking it, I mean I liked it! haha. They had a lot of cool effects with lasers and at a couple of points in the show they filled the audience with bubbles (I think I must have counted at least 18 bubble makers around the room). The theatre where it is housed is called the New World's Stage and is the same building that houses Avenue Q and 3 other shows (a total of 5). I was talking to one of the ushers and he was saying it used to be a movie theater and they refurbished it for stage theatre. 2 of the theatres seat about 500 and the other 3 seat about 200. (I'm pretty sure we were in a 200 seat one).
 |
| The outside of the theatre |
 |
| The inside of the theatre building |
 |
| This show is great for merchandising haha |
 |
| The stage at the end of the show |
After the bubbles show we went to find the Hungarian restaurant that I went to with my family earlier in the semester and we were successful!
 |
| mmmmm delicious food :) |
 |
| mmmm polochinta (aka crepes w/ chocolate) |
After we had the deliciousness that is both wienerschnitzel and polochinta (I have no idea if I spelled either of those correctly) we went adventuring.
Good idea: Saving money for a taxi and walking home.
Good idea: Walking through Central Park because it is the shortest route (also very pretty)
Bad idea: Getting lost in Central Park when it's really cold outside...
 |
| Central Park |
 |
| The Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir in the park |
I think you get the idea, basically we walked ALOT. We walked about 3 blocks from the restaurant to Central Park, then who knows how many blocks in the park, but it was at least about 20min of walking. Then we thought it'd be a good idea to ride the subway from 96th street to 116th (Columbia) except that somehow we ended up on the express (even though they were supposed to be running local) instead of the local and ended up about 4 blocks too far east in Harlem. So then we had to walk those extra blocks.
Needless to say....my legs were TIRED!
And that was enough adventures for one day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment