Last weekend I ended up taking the train down to Washington DC. We ended up having a little bit of a partial family reunion which was really fun. It was my grandparents, my mom, my aunt, her sons (my cousins) and their wives, and my grandma's cousin. So lots of family!! It was basically your run of the mill trip to Washington DC. We took a tour bus tour around the city, did a tour of the capitol building, a lot of the touristy things like that. It was fun to be with family and I was glad to get to hang out with my mom again :) Also the last time my grandparents had been in DC was 49 years ago! So I think they had fun seeing all the sights and how the city had changed over nearly half a century.
Since I got back I've been trying to get caught up on all of my homework and my work work. My final exam is due next week and then it will really be summer, at least for a couple weeks. There is still quite a lot I need to get done for the fall in regards to prepping my thesis. Once I have a better grasp on what that exactly will be I'll post more about it, haha. So anyway, since there is so much going on this will mostly be a pictorial post of the trip. There were a ton more photos, but these are some of my favorites.
 |
| This lady has been protesting since 1981! |
 |
| The FDR Memorial |
 |
| The Korean War Memorial |
 |
| The Lincoln Memorial |
 |
| I'm trying to push over the Washington Monument! |
 |
| And now I'm just chilling out, leaning against the Washington Monument |
 |
| The likeness of Alan Alda on the Korean War Memorial |
 |
| This is where my cousin works |
 |
| Oh yeah, and I took my picture with the president ^_^ |
 |
| We were the talk of the town! |
So as the photos probably show (I hope!) We had a great time touring around the city and just generally hanging out with family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment