Friday, August 19, 2011

The Museum of the Moving Image


Yesterday I went with some friends to The Museum of the Moving Image.  The museum is in Queens and is one of the places I can get into for free with my Columbia ID.  This is an awesome museum.  It's probably not one that I would have gone to normally just because it is a little bit farther away, but it was such a cool museum that I'm definitely planning a return trip.

Probably the best part of the museum is that currently they have an exhibit all about Jim Henson and The Muppets!  I love muppets!!  They had a lot of his drawings and storyboards from his earlier career as well as video displays with clips and interviews from his work.  I've read quite a bit about him and I still learned a lot!  They even had a Kermit the frog on display as well as some of the other muppets.

Some of their permanent exhibits include a collection of old cameras, and tons of movie props and costumes.  They even have this booth where you record a 5 second video of yourself doing something and then in the gift shop they can make it into a flip book!  There are other interactive displays where you can make your own stop motion animation film, you can re-dub over the audio of different movies, and change the sound effects.  They basically take you through the different processes of creating a movie.

If you like movies and TV, this is definitely a good museum to visit! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment