Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Culture and Burgers

Yesterday was a really fun day in the world of me.  Even though I've lived here a year there are still things in the city that I haven't had the chance to do and this week is my week to do some of them.  My friend and I decided to go to the American Museum of Natural History.  This is one museum that I've really wanted to go to, but it is also one of the few interesting museums where I don't get in for free with my columbia ID :( It's actually kind of odd though. They run on a donation system.  So they have a suggested donation fee of $22 to get into the museum.  But, you can also pay $1 and still go in.  I guess they want to make people feel like they should pay the full price but they also don't want to limit people to paying the full price or something.  Well anyway, we went, paid our $1 and saw the museum :)


The above picture is an awful picture I took at the front of the museum.  The facade is under construction so there wasn't really a good place to take a picture.  So according to this picture I went to the American Mus.  ^_^  The museum is really awesome.  They have a huge dinosaur exhibit and all kinds of dioramas of the different animals.  I would definitely like to go back again.

After the museum we went to Shake Shack!


The Shake Shack is a hamburger joint that is pretty famous in NYC.  I had been to the location in Times Square but never this one.  The line is always huge, but moves pretty quickly and they have pretty good burgers, fries, and shakes.  My friend had never been at all so we decided this would make a good lunch stop.  After lunch the weather ended up being pretty nice so we walked back to campus.  The museum is at 81st St and I live at 120th.  It was a day of a lot of walking but also a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment