Saturday, March 21, 2015

Radio City Rockettes - The Spring Edition

Kari and I went to go see Radio City Music Hall's Spring Spectacular. Which is basically their Christmas show without the Christmas part.  Instead...there was a random Easter theme that didn't make a whole lot of sense, especially since the show will be running for at least a month past when Easter actually falls.


I was so excited to see the show because I knew there would be a lot good dancing, and it starred Laura Benanti and Derek Hough.  Laura Benanti I just think is a talented and funny actress and Derek Hough is one of the pro dancers on Dancing with the Stars!

The show itself had good moments and terrible moments.  All of the dancing was great and the numbers with the Rockettes in particular were fantastic.  But it definitely had a weird plot.  The plot is basically the main guy (Derek Hough) is given a mission from God (the voice of Whoopie Goldberg) that in order to get his wings (It's assumed he's an angel but never made perfectly clear) he must help this old NYC tour guide keep his job.  So he and the tour guide give a whirlwind tour of NYC to Laura Benanti's character who wants to fire the tour guide and turn him into a virtual app.  Also the Easter bunny randomly shows up throughout.

One of the other fun parts was they gave us light up bracelets to wear during which lit up in different colors depending on the part of the show.  It was a lot of fun!


So in conclusion, the show was super cheesy and the plot was weird.  But I had a good time and watching the Rockettes dance is always super fun.

I think my two favorite songs were the opening where they did a dance to Taylor Swift's Welcome to New York and then in the middle of the show when they did this fabulous tap number to Singing in the Rain.

Here's the official preview for the show.



And here's the singing in the rain number that someone recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment