Today I won tickets to see a new musical that's playing at The Public Theater! Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote a musical called Hamilton which is about, as the name might suggest, the life of Alexander Hamilton.
It's completing a sold out run at The Public Theater and then it will make it's way to Broadway. Kari has been really wanting to see it and the only way to get tickets right now is to try for the lottery. So she's been trying for at least 2 weeks and I've been joining her when I can, but we haven't had any luck. So I didn't have high hopes for today but surprisingly enough, my name got pulled!
The show was really great. I honestly didn't know what to expect. I mean how interesting can the life of Alexander Hamilton really be? But the story of the show was actually very interesting and Lin-Manuel Miranda put an intriguing spin on the whole thing.
After the show we hung around in the lobby and got to meet the cast as they came out! They were all really nice. One of the cast members I was most excited to meet was Jonathan Groff who was on Glee and some other shows (as well as one of the voices in Frozen!). He was also really nice which I always appreciate.
All in all, a very good day!
The outside of the Public Theater
Statue of Alexander Hamilton during his famous duel
Us with Lin-Manuel Miranda (the writer and star of the show)
No comments:
Post a Comment