Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hedwig...yes again!

Last night I saw Hedwig for the 3rd time!  At least I keep seeing it with different people each time.  It's such a fun rocking show that I've very much enjoyed it each time.  I went with more friends this time and it was fun as two of them hadn't seen it before so I got to be excited for them as well.  This time I saw it with John Cameron Mitchell, who wrote the show and originated the role of Hedwig in both the off broadway production and the movie.  So that was pretty interesting in that you really were watching the creator of this character.  The other interesting thing was that he had hurt his knee early on in his run so was wearing a knee brace and it was cool to see how he changed the show around to incorporate his limited mobility.  There were a lot of crate jokes (Hedwig kept asking for a crate to put her foot up on).  And there was a fantastic joke where Hedwig joked that we were seeing the original cast.



No comments:

Post a Comment