Last weekend was the event of the year! (well, for me anyway). It was the Broadway Flea Market. I went last year for the first time and had the best time ever! They basically rope off a street in times square and all of the different theatre organizations and shows set up tables where they sell things and all of the money collected goes to Broadway Cares, Equity Fights AIDS, which is Broadway's main charity that they support.
You can get everything from random stuff you'd expect at any flea market, to Broadway paraphernalia, to baked goods made by the cast of The Lion King. They also have autograph tables and photo opportunities and raffles galore.
This year Kari wasn't able to go so she had me be her personal shopper and I got to buy things for me and for her! It was a lot of fun and I got a pretty good haul :)
| The crowds were crazy. There were so many people! |
![]() |
| A pretty good haul! |
On a completely side note, one of my friends at work has been talking about how she really wanted to learn how to cross stitch because she had seen online someone had cross stitched samplers, but instead of saying 'home sweet home' or something like that, they were stitched out versions of a tweet. I was in a cross stitching kinda mood last week and so I made her one! It's pretty silly but it was fun to make and she was really excited about it.



No comments:
Post a Comment