Friday night I went with Seth and Monica to a Yankees vs Red Sox baseball game. It was an interesting game because there is such a rivalry between the two teams. Monica was rooting for the Red Sox, Seth was rooting for the Yankees, and I was really excited for my hot dog :) Red Sox ended up winning and I got to see my first live Grand Slam, so that was fun!
After getting home late from the game (my biggest complaint about the sport...it lasts FOREVER!) I somehow agreed to trying to get rush tickets on Saturday with Kari to see Pippin.
So, we got up at 5:45am to try to get down in line. We were pretty worried when we got down there as we were still fairly far back in line, but luckily we were able to snag a couple of tickets to the matinee. It was AMAZING. I had a good feeling I would enjoy the show from the clips I've seen, but I thought the whole thing was incredible. You can definitely see why several of the actors won Tonys for their rolls and why the show is so hard to get tickets to right now.
It was really neat the way they combined circus tricks and acrobatics with the dancers and some of what I can only assume is the original Fosse choreography. It was a fantastic day, but I was sooo tired at the end of it!
And of course, here's the amazing cast of Pippin performing at the Tony Awards:

No comments:
Post a Comment