Sunday, September 23, 2012

Another Broadway Weekend

It has certainly been a fun weekend!  Starting with Thursday night I finally got to try the 20 at 20 off Broadway show deal that was happening the past couple weeks.  We tried for Avenue Q tickets and actually got them!  So I got to see Avenue Q for $20.  I actually have already seen this show in New York but hey, it's a good show!  It was just as funny as I expected it to be and I enjoyed it immensely.

Then on Saturday I mostly slept in and relaxed.  I then met up with Seth and we took a quick tour of Grant's Tomb.  The tomb is actually right near Teachers College and so I've definitely walked past it before but have never been inside.  It actually reminded me a lot of Napoleon's Tomb in France.

Then today was the Broadway Flea Market!  I knew that this happened but I've never been and I'm so so so glad that I went.  Basically it's a huge fundraiser for Broadway Cares: Equity Fights Aids.  So a lot of different Broadway shows and other theatre organizations have tables where they sell everything from random stuff to signed props from shows to pictures with cast members and all of the money everybody gets goes to Broadway Cares.

I ended up getting a Wicked t-shirt, a couple posters, and won 2 tickets to Phantom of the Opera in a raffle!  It was also just fun wandering up and down the street to see what everyone had at the different tables.

Me with the Newsies cast!

Roomies with matching Wicked T-shirts!

This poster was only $1 and it's the same cast I saw!

Yaay Neil Patrick Harris! ($5 Woo!)

This was the cover they put over the How to Succeed program
For 25 cents I had to have it!
As you can see I got a lot of great deals and had a lot of fun and supported a fantastic charity!  What a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment