Well it's Monday. A new week is starting which means another week of classes! Actually for the most part I'm really liking my classes. They cover really interesting material and class discussions are intriguing and thought provoking. I haven't had any real papers assigned yet, so we'll see how that goes once they start getting assigned haha.
This weekend was fun. It was one of my friend's birthday so we had a small celebration.
Neither of these is the cake that we got for my friend (we got her an assorted cheesecake which was still delicious haha) But, look at how pretty! The one on the right is an oreo mousse cake and the one on the left is also some sort of chocolate mousse creation. And it's a sunflower!
The rest of the weekend was reserved for studying because apparently that's what graduate students do ;-) Also, just so you don't think my entire graduate school life is fun and games (as previous posts may have led you to believe)...
See, see! I do study! This is what I did all day Sunday...minus the trip to the Haggen Daz of course....
This picture, I just thought it'd be nice to see what the outside of TC looks like. The buildings are rather pretty after all :)



Yes, the buildings are pretty. Do you know what year they were built?
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy the fish when I visit your blog. I haven't posted at all yet, so I'm going to post about stuff prior to this post of yours as well.
ReplyDeleteYour suite does look pretty cool. Also, I did not think that buildings could legally and or physically be big enough for a game of twister in them if they are in Manhattan, but I guess I was wrong.
It sounds like you are having a lot of fun there, and are working pretty hard to build houses and smiley faces :D
Watermelon Cake!
ReplyDelete