Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sequence 8

I was supposed to see this show with my dad when he came to visit, but unfortunately the timing didn't work out, so he sent me and Kari to see it Friday night instead.

Sequence 8 is a dance/acrobatics show done by a company called 7 Fingers.  They actually created all of the circus bits in Pippin. I have to admit, I was expecting the show to be very artsy contemporary dance with a few flips thrown in.  What it was in reality, was amazing!

There was definitely a lot of contemporary dance moments, but it was so well entwined with the extremely impressive acrobatics (and also quite a bit of humor!) that I watched practically the whole thing with my jaw on the floor. Some of the tricks these dancers perform are incredible. I can't even imagine how strong they must be.

If you think this video is impressive, it was about 100 times cooler to see in person.  Most of the best stunts are not shown but you definitely get a sense of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment