Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I had a very fun (but tiring!) Thanksgiving!  The night before Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Eve if you will, Kari and I stayed out way past our bedtimes to see David Burtka perform at 54 Below.  You might know him as Neil Patrick Harris' husband.  But he's an actor/singer/dancer/performer in his own right so it was fun to see him perform a cabaret style show.  I did see NPH shmoozing with the crowd before it started so that was cool too.  Basically David Burtka was great, he sang a lot of fun songs and show tunes, and was absolutely hilarious at the same time.  I think good things are in his future!

Then my friend Ashley came into town for Thanksgiving!  So of course nobody went to bed even remotely early as we chatted into the wee hours of the morning (ok, 12:30am).


On Thanksgiving morning we (plus Kari, Jarod, and Dekota) got up at 5:30am, left by 6am, to head down to Times Square to watch the parade!  We watched it from my office, which let me tell you is the only way to go.  It was a lot of fun even though we were absolutely exhausted!

There was quite the crowd of cold people outside!
























Then after coming home, freshening up, and a quick nap, we were ready to start cooking!  Dinner was a lot of fun, I met some new people, at some delicious food and overall was ready to take a nap again after it was all over!  I was very focused on eating so forgot to take pictures, but here are the 3 I did manage to snag.




And today, the whole lot of us are headed out to see the new Hunger Games movie!  No moss clearly grows on this rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment