Amateur Night at the Apollo theatre dates back quite a ways I do believe. Even though I practically used to live down the street from the Apollo this was actually my first time ever being in the theatre. It ended up being a lot of fun! It was basically like a live version of America's Got Talent. People got booed off the stage or cheered depending on if they were any good and then the winner was determined by a clap-o-meter on stage. The best part was when someone was booed, they got tapped off stage. There was a tap dancer who literally tapped his way and pushed them off. The other fun part was the beginning where they have the "stars of the future" perform. These are always kids ages 5-15 and they were so cute!
The strange thing is that this is very much a make noise, clap, yell, scream, use your phone, record things kind of event which is very different than what I'm used to when I got to the theatre!
| My selfie from the official app they try to get you to download. |
| Crowning the winners |

No comments:
Post a Comment