Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Superbowl Takeover

This seems like a silly title for a blog post since I ended up catching a cold this weekend and so didn't even watch the Superbowl, but oh well.

On Saturday I ended up meeting Seth in Times Square to check out this whole crazy Superbowl Boulevard mess that was happening.  I've been walking past it every day for the past week, mostly annoyed at the tourists in my way of getting home.  But on Saturday we decided to actually check it out.  It basically stretches between Macy's (34th) and about 45th along Broadway.  It's full of giant structures with lines attached to them.  And so many people.

We ended up walking from 42nd to about 44th before deciding we'd had enough of the crowds.  I did manage to snag a couple of snapshots though.  Heads up...the theme is crowds and lines.

So many people!

More crowds of people!

Sensing a theme yet?

And this is where there were far less people...

They renamed broadway to be "Superbowl Blvd"

You could wait in line for 2 hours to have your picture in front of this thing

You could also wait in line for 2 hours to get your picture in front of
the trophy
They also had booths where you could wait in line for 2 hours to get player autographs, or wait in line 2 hours to go down a giant slide.  It was Sat afternoon that I started feeling the oncomings of a cold so ended up going home to rest so I could go have fun for Ju Yeon's birthday!  The plan was Virgil's for dinner and then Karaoke!

There were so many Broncos fans in Virgils!

Yay for the birthday girl!
Unfortunately I only got through Virgils when the cold really hit me and I had to retreat.  So I didn't end up watching the Superbowl, I slept instead and caught up on the commercials later online.  And for the record, yes I was rooting for the Broncos, and no I don't care that they lost :)

No comments:

Post a Comment