Sunday, February 9, 2014

Baking Day - Chocolate Chip Cookies

Once again the time has rolled around for another baking day at work!  This time the theme is Chocolate Chip Cookies.  This is a pretty popular theme and actually I did the same one last year as well.  I like to try new recipes, however, so I did something new.  This time I went for Chocolate Chip S'more Bars.  They are pretty much cookie dough with mini marshmallows mixed it, and then you bake it on top of graham crackers.  When the cookie dough is about halfway done, you put hershey's chocolate pieces on top and then finish baking.  They turn into bars and taste exactly as you'd expect a s'mores cookie to taste!

I got the recipe from a food blog I really like and I've actually been wanting to try this recipe for quite some time.  http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/06/smores-cookies.html

Step 1: The dough! (from scratch of course)

Then putting the dough on the graham crackers

Just after adding the chocolate to the top

Hot from the oven!

I cut them smaller for easier sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment