For a long time Seth and I kept talking about how we wanted to go to the MTA museum. It's close to his apartment in Brooklyn and so it always seems like a good idea. It's a museum that is in an old subway station and basically shows the history of New York transit including buses and subways. They have a whole sections with old subway cars from different eras (with the advertisements to match!) and they even had a section of how the turnstile has changed through the ages. It was a pretty interesting couple of hours and I think I learned a little more about the city where I live!
 |
| Ticket please? |
 |
| This was one of the old ads that made me laugh |
The other crazy thing I did this weekend is I took a trip down the rabbit hole into the world of ordering things on the internet. In NYC, one of the things one can do is order their groceries online. I've been thinking about it for a while, but I finally decided I would try it out and maybe order some of the heavier items that I would normally not enjoy carrying back from the grocery story. I also found some good introductory coupons so I saved quite a bit of money. My order was delivered today! It was pretty fun to just have someone show up at my door and then all of a sudden have a ton of food!
 |
| Groceries! |
No comments:
Post a Comment