Well, I always love my mom, but this last weekend was special because she came to visit me for a long weekend! We had a lot of fun (as we always have fun together) and shopped, chatted, and saw shows to our hearts content. On a related note, I'm getting a new mattress that should arrive on Saturday! And yes, this is exciting news.
I also saw 2 shows with my mom this weekend. On Saturday night we saw Cinderella. It was sooo cute and included some surprising twists that I didn't expect. The only problem is that the general public is so completely obnoxious. We were on the aisle and of course the entire row of people sitting next to us came in 10 minutes after it had started, people had their cell phones out, and since it's more of a family show there was a lot of chatty children. But, the show itself was pure magic and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it again.
Hopefully a better video will appear at a later date, but for now this is the best one available.
The other thing we saw is called Broadway Backwards, which is a one night benefit for Broadway Cares and the LGBT Center. It's a great cause, and the show is basically a bunch of amazingly talented Broadway folks singing songs from musicals. The twist is that they sing songs that they generally would not be able to play on stage. (Mostly men sang songs written for women and women sang songs written for men). Here are the highlights!
No comments:
Post a Comment