Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Full Weekend!

It has taken me so long to update from this weekend because, well, it's been a busy few days!  The exciting news is at the bottom so stay tuned...

First, Saturday night Monica and I went to see Nick Offerman's one man show entitled "American Ham"  For those that don't know Offerman plays the character Ron Swanson on the tv show Parks and Recreation.  He's awesome on the show.  His stand up was...ok.  I have mixed feelings about it.  One minute he would be really funny and then the next minute the joke would be so crass that I was just turned off by it.  The other thing is that since we accidentally waited to buy tickets, we went to the show at 10pm.  It did not end until 12:45!  I was really ready for it to be over about 11:30 so the length could have colored my opinion about the situation.  Oh, it was also being filmed live for a special that will air at some point, so that was actually really really neat.  We were in the upper balcony so you could watch the big camera swinging around.


Then on Sunday, I had decided that only one show was clearly not enough for a single weekend.  So Ju Yeon and I decided to try for the lottery tickets for Annie.  And her name was pulled!!  I am clearly getting pretty lucky with these show lotterys.  So we were able to get cheap tickets to the show, and we were sitting in the front row!  We had great seats and the show was really cute.  The actress who played Miss Hannigan was also in the performance of Promises Promises I saw a couple years ago (and won a Tony for her part in there!).  The little girl who played Annie had a really amazing voice and the other little girls in the show were adorable.  The other funny thing is that since we were so far off to the right, you could see into the wings on the stage and there were definitely a couple of times where I could watch the dog trainer gesturing emphatically as "Sandy" crossed the stage.

Also during the performance we saw, when Annie is supposed to be calling Sandy and at first he doesn't come but eventually he does, the dog was a little overeager and launched right into Annie's arms while she was trying to explain that maybe he doesn't really know his name.  She recovered extremely well and I was impressed it didn't seem to throw off her performance at all!


Now onto the super exciting news!!!

I HAVE A JOB!!!!!!


That's right, One of my coworkers left the company on Friday, and I was offered her position!  So I was offered the position on Friday, then officially started on Monday!  So over the weekend I was also filling out a small novel's worth of paperwork.  I will be doing more or less the same kinds of things, but will have more responsibilities and will be more involved with some of the financial and social media/marketing things.  I also am finally a permanent staff member of the BBC with an ID and everything!  Plus my benefits will kick in soon.  It's like Christmas in March!

My coworkers and bosses have made the transition so great.  They all know that I'm kind of hitting the ground running in this position and working with them during this transition has only cemented the fact that I enjoy my coworkers tremendously.  They are all really amazing, talented people and I'm so glad to finally be "official"!

So what an exciting weekend, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment