This weekend I actually did not go see a musical or play (gasp, I know right?) but I did still have singing people in my life!
I have been excited to see the new movie Pitch Perfect since I saw the trailer. My best impression of it was that it is what you might consider Bring it On: Glee Style.
It wasn't something that I figured Seth to be interested in so I figured I couldn't drag him so I've been waiting for the opportunity to drag Kari or Monica instead. Well, it happened that the movie ended up getting great reviews and Seth decided he wanted to see it. So we saw it on Saturday! and I LOVED IT. It's silly and funny and filled to the brim with very talented singers. The music was so fantastic that I immediately had to buy the soundtrack. The funny part was that when I got home after seeing the movie Kari was sad that I had already gone because she decided she wanted to see it...so I saw it again on Sunday. It was just as awesome the 2nd time around :)
******
Another weekend story:
You might remember I did hula at Willamette. Well, the weather has taken a turn for the colder here but the building has yet to turn on the heat (it's a city-wide kind of thing). So Kari and I were chilling out (well literally...it was freezing!) and instead of huddling under blankets we decided it would be fun to hula for warmth! So I ended up teaching Kari a dance and we had a lot of fun. I was sooo sore the next day though, I always forget that part of it.
******
Vaguely speaking of Willamette they had an alumni event on Monday. It is this thing they do called 7 Cities 1 Night and they have alumni get togethers in 7 cities across the country, including NYC. So I forced Kari to go with me and we ended up having a great time. It was at this very swanky restaurant in a hotel right by central park. It also ended up being an open bar and then waiters circulated with trays of appetizers. I ended up chatting with some people I had known during my time at WU so that was a lot of fun.
******
Monday at work we had another one of those baking days and the theme was Pears. Now that was a challenging one as I don't think I've ever really baked with pears before. I ended up finding a recipe on the Betty Crocker website, though, and made Sugar Cookie Pear Bars. They turned out great and were a big hit at work :)
******
I also wanted to share a couple pictures I took one evening. Seth lives in the part of Brooklyn that is closer to Manhattan and there's a park you can walk to where you can look out and see the statue of liberty and the skyline. It's pretty cool. We walked down there at sunset and it was really pretty to see the colors against the buildings.




No comments:
Post a Comment