Sunday, October 21, 2012

Trees and Tragedy

On friday I went on a company community service outing.  They picked us up in buses and took us to a park in Brooklyn where they fed us pizza and then we planted a lot of trees and flowers at a public park.  We went through an organization called New York Cares which I guess organizes most of the corporate community service days in the city.  It was a lot of fun to do good in the community and get my hands dirty.  It was raining when we started so we definitely got pretty muddy.  They also gave us t-shirts!

Getting down and dirty
The other thing I did this weekend was Sat night I saw a play at Columbia.  The play is Antigone, which is a Greek tragedy that I remember having to read in middle or high school (I'm not really sure when).  One of my friends was in it which always makes a performance more enjoyable I think.  He was excellent and the play was good just very...tragic.  But, since it's a Greek tragedy, that's probably what they were going for.

The rest of my weekend is slated for running errands and today I'm having lunch with a friend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment