Saturday, May 5, 2012

Elementary, My Dear Watson

Several little things to talk about in this post.

On Thursday night there was a cool event that I went to.  There is a show on BBC called Sherlock and basically it's a revamped telling of Sherlock Holmes set in a modern day time.  It is really really well done and the second season begins airing in the US this week.  So as part of the publicity, the apple store did a talk and Q & A with the producers and writer of the show.


The event was a lot of fun and one of the coolest things that also happened the same day is that the second season playlist went live on iTunes, so people can begin purchasing the season pass.  There's also a short preview trailer up for free as well.  As of today (Sat) this playlist is now the #2 purchased season in the iTunes store.  This is pretty big considering there isn't even any real content live yet!


We're all pretty excited about it at work :)

And then switching gears to Friday night - I took my roommate and another friend to go to a free dance performance at NYU.  It was a compilation of student work and the reason I knew about it is that a friend of mine choreographed one of the pieces.  My friend Alex I knew actually in Colorado Springs, he was in Les Miserables and The Secret Garden with the Youth Rep Theatre that I was involved in high school.  He moved out to the city in the fall for school and this is the first time I've actually seen him.  It's actually the first time I've seen him since probably since we did theatre together.  So anyway, it was very exciting to get to catch up with him and hear how his life is doing.  He choreographed a short dance piece entitled "everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die".  It was an interesting piece and you could tell the dancers were very talented, but mostly I went because it was fun to catch up with someone from my past.

We were in the mood for ice cream after the show and Alex recommended a place nearby.  Apparently this place is somewhat of a NYC institution because there was a line out the door.  Luckily the weather has been a little nicer so we waited in line and got our ice cream and walked around for a bit before heading home.

Yes, the store is in fact called The Big Gay Ice Cream Shop


I just had a chocolate cone with rainbow sprinkles but Kari got a cone called "American Gobz" and Dalia got the "Salty Pimp".  Like I said, it was an entertaining place.  If you look closely you can also see the giant mural of a unicorn on the wall behind me.

I bought ticket to see Harvey today too!!!  I'm going to go with some friends as a little birthday treat to myself and I absolutely cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment