THERE WAS A MOUSE IN MY APARTMENT!!!!!!!
My roommate saw a mouse several weeks ago, but since I hadn't seen it I was mostly pretending it didn't exist for my own sanity. But on Thursday when I was home sick it ran into my room! I was sitting on my bed and I saw it slip under the door and behind by bookshelf. I was home alone, but Ice was home! So, after screaming bloody murder, I got Ice and some mouse traps and tried to force the mouse out from behind the bookshelf. It ran under my bed, but Ice was on it. He shimmied under my bed so quick and I'm yelling and trying to move boxes and things in my room so Ice has more space to go after the mouse. Ice then managed to chase the mouse out of my room and into the bathroom. I pointed Ice in the right direction and he chased the mouse out of the bathroom where it ran through my roommate's open door...ooops. I tried to get Ice to go into his room to try and fish out the mouse from there, but he lost the scent I think so that was the end of that adventure.
But! last night (monday) I was again sitting at my computer and it again ran in and behind the same bookshelf! I, of course, screamed again. At least now I know that if I'm ever in mortal peril my roommates will come out of their rooms to make sure I'm ok :) But anyway, we all knew where the mouse was and so we started frantically trying to come up with a plan of action. Clearly the mousetraps we have all over the house do not work so we went a little old school. We lined up shoeboxes in a path so that we could direct the mouse into an open box where we would then scoop up the box so it couldn't escape. So after we made our path, I moved the bookshelf around and hinged it so that the mouse could only get out on one side. It didn't really want to come out and for a second we thought it wasn't there anymore, but Ice managed to chase it out and right into the waiting box!! Actually it was a pretty fast little mouse and at first my roommates didn't see that it went in, but since I had the best vantage point to see the mouse I yelled that it was in the box, so they scooped up the box and inside was the mouse! I should have taken a picture, but I was a little preoccupied with making sure the mouse didn't get out of it's temporary trap.
So anyway, we took the box outside and released the mouse in the park across the street and came back inside.
And THAT, dear readers, is the saga of how I once had a mouse in my apartment but now no longer.
TA DA!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment