Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dove and Mormony goodness

My friend was in town visiting this weekend (I know, I seem to have a lot of friends who visit but I guess when you live in an awesome city people are more likely to visit hehe) and so we were playing tourist and a couple of awesome things happened!

First of all we decided to try the lottery for tickets to see Book of Mormon.  And, against all odds, MY name was pulled!!  We got to sit in the front row too.  The show was just as amazing as the first time and now I'll probably have to obsessively listen to the soundtrack again.

Me with the winning ticket!
After the show we were just walking around Times Square and we stumbled upon where they were doing a promotional campaign for Dove soap.  They gave me a flier and asked if I wanted some free samples and would like to be in the campaign so I said sure!  Basically they have this slogan about real women real skin or something like that so their latest ad campaign is to get women to send in their photos, or have their photos taken and then they put the photos up on their billboard in Times Square.  So we went up there and I got some free soap and they took my picture!

The picture of the billboard isn't very good because basically there was a screen where they had a live feed of what the billboard looked like since there wasn't enough time to run back outside after your photo was uploaded.  But you can get the sense.


I also don't know how often they change this but if you go to Dove.com/ShowUsYourSkin my picture is there as well!  I took a screenshot though in case they change it up.

The Dove homepage. The arrow is pointing to my picture!

My picture that they took
Besides getting free soap they also gave me a free t-shirt.  So, all in all, it was pretty cool!

And then on another side note, on Monday we will be moving desks around in the office.  Basically they were doing construction on one half of the office and on Monday they are finally finished and are opening it up.  My department is one of the departments moving to the new side so we had to pack up all of our stuff and label our computer/chairs/monitors etc so that they can move everything to the new desks over the weekend.  I was amused so I thought I'd share a picture I took on Friday:


No comments:

Post a Comment