Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy November!

Welcome to November!

So I was randomly noticing that you can tell when I've had a busy/stressful month by the number of times I post in my blog in any given month.  I realized I only had 3 posts in October, and I was really super busy, but for the most part I average about 5 posts per month.  Of course then there was April which only had 2 posts...you can probably now see the trend in how busy I was that month.  Anyway, I just thought it was a funny thing to notice.

This weekend my plan is thesis thesis thesis!  I actually started working on it again this week and it's going pretty well.  I had to basically rearrange everything I had in my first draft, but at least the information seemed solid even if it was in the wrong place.  My advisor had a lot of good comments and so I'm currently working my way through those.  As far as I can tell right now the two sections that need a lot of work are my Literature Review section and then of course the design section.  The design section is really hard and really easy at the same time.  It's easy because it doesn't involve a lot of research and citing of journal articles, but it's hard because I basically have to come up with a storyline and I still don't have an extremely strong grasp of who my characters are and what they are trying to accomplish.

But anyway, we'll see.  I also had a visitor the last couple days which was really fun.  Tanya, a friend of mine from Willamette crashed at my place while she was visiting the city on a class field trip and we got to catch up so that was awesome!

I'm also finishing up a video game study.  There's a girl in my program (only working on her doctorate) and she's working on her dissertation research and I'm one of her participants!  It's really fun so far.  Basically I play a video game and then have to take surveys and talk about my experiences with it.

The other thing I'm now constantly doing is applying to jobs.  My new routine is every day (or every other day) I have a list of television company websites and I go through and look at the new job postings to see if there is anything I'm qualified for and if I find something, I apply for it.  I haven't heard back from any of the jobs yet, but at least it's a start and I'm trying!

And just because I like my blog posts to have some sort of visual element....I'm hosting a Flat Stanley for my cousin's 3rd grade class so I've been trying to take some pictures of him with various NYC landmarks.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment