Saturday, November 5, 2011

Seminar

So I totally forgot to mention the awesome play I saw last night!

I got to see Seminar with Alan Rickman!  Seminar is a new play about this kind of out of work and slightly crazed writer who is teaching a writing workshop to 4 would-be fiction writers.  It was a comedy and actually pretty funny.  I'm still not sure if I got the deeper plots that were involved and there was a lot of poignant moments where I think you were supposed to think deeply about life and writing and reading and politics and whatever else in life.  But for the most part it was enjoyable to watch and seeing Alan Rickman was amazing.  He is such a good actor.  I know this is kind of a bad explanation of the play, but it really is hard to explain.  The point is that I enjoyed it.  Oh and there was this really funny part towards the end where Alan Rickman chases another character all over the stage.  That might have been one of my favorite parts. :)

Here is the video preview.  It doesn't say a lot about what the show is about, but it's fun to listen to Alan Rickman talk ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment