Sunday, October 30, 2011

Old Friends, New(ish) Cities, and Halloween! (Oh and Thesis Update)

So...two of the items in the post have really nothing to do with each other, but since it took me so long to post this, they are just going to all go in the same post.

Last weekend (not the one that is currently finishing up, but the previous one) I went to Washington DC for the weekend!  I went down because my friend had a conference there and I wanted to go see her.  I hadn't seen her in like 2 years!  Now, this is kind of a big deal because we've known each other since we were 5 years old....that's 19 years!  Crazy, right?  Anyway, I also got to see my other friend who's going to law school there which was also fun.  Somehow I didn't take any pictures with her though.  But anyway, DC was very fun, I got in on Friday, spent Saturday doing some touristy stuff in DC, and left Sunday evening.  On Saturday we walked alll over!  We went to the museum of natural history, the museum of the american indian, and then pretty much walked the length of the mall and looked at the various monuments.

I have a lot of pictures of myself now with the Washington Monument...

19 years of friendship!  Now would you believe I'm actually older than her?
(Ok, by 4 months...but still!)

We had Smores at Cosi hehehe

This was my dinner at the Spanish Tapas restaurant...I miss Spain!
So that was DC.  It was definitely a fun break.

Oh, I promised a Thesis update so I'll do that now.  I successfully turned in the first draft of my thesis to my advisor (yay!) and she sent it back with comments.  So far it is roughly 13 pages double spaced.  I'm going back through it now and reorganizing some of the elements and figuring out what should go where and all of that.  It's looking good though!

On another side note, it snowed here yesterday!  It seems super early for snow, but the weather will do whatever it wants to do I suppose.

Snow!!
Last night I also went to a Halloween party for a little bit thrown by some friends which was fun.  I didn't have a costume because I just didn't bother this year.  I didn't have the time or the energy to organize a costume.  But that's ok.  I ended up just wearing a Halloween shirt I had and went for the "Halloween Chic" look.



I guess that's all for now.  I'll try and update a little bit sooner next time :)  Especially because I have some fun shows coming up I'm planning on seeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment