This has been such an insane week. Not only did I get to see How to Succeed again on Saturday and then the Tonys were on Sunday (see previous post), but the entire week was such a wonderfully fun and exciting week! I got to have lunch with several friends which is always a good time. Then, on Wednesday, I got to see Darren Criss perform live!! For those who may not know, Darren Criss plays the character of Blaine (from the Warblers) in the tv show Glee. Darren Criss is also adorable and seems like such a cool, funny, down to earth, and extremely talented guy. So anyway I found out a couple weeks ago that he was going to be performing so I got tickets and went with a few friends! The line turned out to be crazy and it was a standing concert but it was completely worth it!
Waiting in line
The line outside the theatre - it actually wrapped around the block
Darren Criss!
Here is a clip of Darren Criss from the concert that somebody filmed and put on youtube. This was taken from a heck of a lot closer than I was standing haha!
Funny story - after the concert my friend and I were taking the subway back and we saw one of the actresses in How to Succeed! She was heading home (I presume) after the show that night. Having recognized her, we decided to talk to her and she was the nicest person ever! She said how much fun she was having in the show and she seemed to enjoy the fact that we recognized her and were gushing about the show. It was Ellen Harvey, who plays Miss Jones in the show. She's the one in the Brotherhood of Man clip who sings and goes back and forth on the table. So that was very exciting!
Then, on Saturday was the Glee Live tour!!! Now that was a blast. We were pretty high up in the arena but we had a great view of the stage and could see the actors close up on a big video screen, plus I brought my binoculars. The show was at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island so we had to take a train to get there. But we figured it out and everything went off without a hitch!
On the train to Long Island
The stage before the show
Me!
So long story short......I love Glee and they are all amazing performers and singers and put on an incredible performance!
No comments:
Post a Comment