Tuesday, November 9, 2010

An Evening of Comedy w/ Rosie

So on Friday night I went with a friend to see Rosie O'Donnell do some stand up.  I believe she was appearing because of the NYC Comedy Festival or something like that.  I really only heard about it because it was listed on my discount tickets list and, 1) I thought it sounded fun and interesting to see her live and 2) I knew I had to go see her if only so my mother could live vicariously through me :)

When I was little I remember watching Rosie's talk show with my mom. I never watched her on the view because I pretty much can't stand that show but I've also seen her in several movies and things.  Anyway, what I didn't know until we got there is that it wasn't just Rosie but was actually 5 other female comedians as well.  It was actually pretty interesting because we got about 20min of each stand up act and then Rosie started the whole thing and also did a little bit in between each of the others.  I had never heard of any of the others but they were all pretty funny.  All in all I think it was an enjoyable evening.

The other funny thing that happened is that right across from Town Hall where Rosie did her one night show is the theatre where Pee Wee Herman is currently playing his show.  So after the show was over we were walking back to the subway and saw all these people crowded around something so we went to investigate and we saw Pee Wee Herman!  He was talking or something to the crowd.  So that was kind of cool even though I've never really watched any of his show or movies so I guess it wasn't as exciting for me.

Rosie O'Donnell!!
The Town Hall Auditorium

Another view of the outside of the theatre

We had AMAZING seats.  5th row on the left!

The inside of the theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment