Well I believe I left off with Wednesday so let's move into Thursday.
We slept in and then in the early afternoon we saw the King Tut exhibit which was really cool. It is incredible to think of all these objects being as old as they are, especially considering how well preserved everything is.
That night it then was time for "A Little Night Music" starring Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch. It was amazing! The entire cast was simply amazing and I've now seen probably my favorite broadway actress live!
After the show we stood outside the stage door and watched the cast walk out. I didn't get really close enough to see her that well or to get an autograph or anything but that didn't matter so much to me. I really just wanted to see her lol. Oh, so anyway, this picture is her lol.
This is my friend Kathryn (we met in Spain and she coincidentally is at her 2nd year at Columbia lol) She was helping with Columbia's orientation but she came by to visit while she was on her break :)
So Friday I moved in and there was a little meet and greet which was nice. I met a lot of cool people (most of whom I don't remember their names, but I'm working on it). Then today (Saturday) I spent the day running around on tours for orientation (like where all the grocery stores are and a walking tour of campus), tonight is a tour of all the "TC Hangouts" whatever that means lol. So in between those tours I've been hanging out with the Iodices, family friends who came up from PA to visit (and my mother of course). Tomorrow (sun) morning we're all going to brunch with my cousins before my mom leaves for the airport!




LOVE your blog, Allison!! The pics really add to the whole vicarious blog experience, and I can't believe you even got a pic of Bernadette! Hope the studies at TC are exciting, too--will stay tuned.
ReplyDeleteNot really anonymous,but technologically challenged--MJ