Sunday, May 3, 2015

Living On Love and Big Bird

Yesterday I met up with my friend and we went to go see one of this seasons' new plays, Living on Love. Afterwards, we went shoe shopping.


I was able to get cheap (and I mean cheap) tickets to this show.  Sadly, it didn't do so well and it closed today.  Unfortunately...I can see why it closed.  The biggest issue is that I thought it wasn't written very well.  It was acted great (it starred the opera diva Renee Fleming) and there were definitely some fun moments.  But I sort of fell asleep in the first act. It picked back up in the second act though and ended on a high note.

Then, today, I decided to buy a ticket to go see a preview screening of I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story at the Museum of the Moving Image.  The movie is a new documentary about the life of Caroll Spinney who originated and plays Big Bird on Sesame Street.  The best part was Caroll and his wife were both there to do a Q&A session after the film.  I had the best time!  It was such an interesting documentary and then getting to hear Caroll and Debi Spinney talk about their lives was a lot of fun. Oscar the Grouch even paid a quick visit!

Here's the trailer for the movie. I definitely recommend watching it! And below are some pictures from the Q & A!







No comments:

Post a Comment