Saturday, July 5, 2014

Zanna Don't

I had my first foray into the world of 54 Below when Kari and I went to see a reunion concert of an old Off Broadway show called Zanna Don't.  Zanna Don't is a ridiculously cute musical about a world where the majority of people are gay and the straight people are persecuted, the jocks are the nerds and the cool kids are in the chess club.  The main character's name is Zanna and he has magical powers and uses his powers to find everyone love.  I really liked all of the songs, they are peppy and fun, just the way I like my musicals!  54 Below is also a pretty fun place.  It's touted as Broadway's premiere supper club.  There's a food/drink minimum when you see a show there but the food was yummy and it's a fun atmosphere to people watch while you eat before the show starts.  I can't wait to go back and try a dessert this time!


There isn't really any video out there since it was an off-broadway show from about 10 years ago but here is a clip from a production that Kari saw in Chicago and really liked.  This was my second favorite song from the show, I think my favorite was the opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment