Tuesday, July 15, 2014

DC Adventure

There's nothing like a last minute, whirlwind trip to our nation's capitol!  I went to visit my friend El before she leaves the area.  We mostly just ate and hung out, but on Saturday I coerced her to go walking to some of the museums.  We didn't spend a whole lot of time in each one, just enough to see a few things and move on to the next museum.  We started at the Museum of American History, passed through the Castle (the oldest Smithsonian building), briefly walked through the Hirshhorn Museum, and ended with a run around the Air and Space Museum.  I saw some interesting exhibits that I hadn't seen the last time I was at these museums, but mostly we ran around taking silly pictures as evidenced below.


Yay friends!

My metro card had a cute seal on it

The Museum of American History

I live here!

El lives here!

"trying on" a hat

George Washington's chair - I'm trying to sit in it

I guess this is how I prepare to sit?

El has much better sitting skills

Puppet?

I haven't had an ice cream like this in years!

Tweety Bird!

Ninja Turtle!


The Washington Monument

Oh no! I'm pushing it over!

Pretty view

The Smithsonian Castle

Outside the Hirshhorn museum


Strange exhibit in the Hirshhorn


Artsy Selfie





The Air and Space Museum

El understands thrust

Allison understands drag

El and Allison understand lift

This was heavy

This was turny







This doesn't seem very smart

Serious pose with the Wright brothers

Contemplative posing

Posing with the Wright flyer

Pictures with Amelia

I'm blowing the balloon away

And so is El

Apparently this is the moon on my birthday
It says I'm very wise

Oreo cheesecake for dessert from the Cheesecake Factory

El got Superman socks!

I may have convinced her she needed them
And that was my whirlwind trip in pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment