Seth came with me to Oregon and we had some fun adventures! We walked around Salem, went up to Portland, and took a drive out to the coast.
First, was the sights and sounds of Salem. We walked all around Willamette, saw the inside of the Elsinore, walked through downtown and over to the Saturday market, walked down to the river front and saw the carousel, and finally walked the walking bridge.
 |
| Ducks on the Willamette campus |
 |
| Someone boating down the river |
 |
| View from the walking bridge |
Portland could have been a less fun adventure, but luckily Jessie came in and saved the day! I knew that I wanted to show off the Saturday Market, Voodoo Donuts, and Powells Bookstore. But other than that, I wasn't really sure what to do. Jessie met up with us, though, and suggested we take the aerial tram. It's something I've never done before, and the views and weather were fantastic! Not only could we see Mt Hood, we could see all the way to Mt St Helens!
 |
| Voodoo |
 |
| Yay Jessie! |
 |
| Great view of Mt Hood |
 |
If you look just to the left of the tree in the middle of the picture you can just make out Mt St Helens |
And finally, we made the drive over to Lincoln City. It's always such a nice drive. The weather at the beach was just a little windy and chilly so we didn't stay long, but I was able to stock up on some fresh salt water taffy.
My adventures after Seth left weren't quite as exciting, or at least were less photogenic. But I've been having a very relaxing vacation! One fun thing my mom and I did, though, was to see a filmed version of the stage play Driving Miss Daisy starring James Earl Jones and Angela Lansbury. It was great, and I was so happy to have been able to see the show. Just for fun, here is some footage of when it was in London!
No comments:
Post a Comment