Saturday, June 14, 2014

Les Miserables

I will always have a special place in my heart for the show Les Miserables. I was involved with a production in 2003 with the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center's Youth Repertory Theatre and loved every minute of it.

It has recently returned to Broadway and I've been really wanting to see it.  So today Monica and I got up extremely early to try for rush tickets.  We were in line by 7:15am, but this time decided to bring folding chairs with us for the wait.  That really makes a huge difference when you can sit while you wait instead of standing or awkwardly hovering on the ground.

Waiting in line

The show was so good.  Of course I'm very familiar with the entire soundtrack, but I enjoyed hearing it again and seeing how they staged the show.  The songs give me chills every time.


Our seats ended up being in the house left box, which ended up being fun because the box was decorated to look like it was part of the set.  So I felt very much like we were in the show!  I was also practicing my royal wave to those below.  We also decided to get dressed up which was also a lot of fun and ended up being fun since so many people could see us.

All dressed up, and in blue!
Here's the really amazing clip that the cast recently performed on the Tonys a couple weeks ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment