Monday, May 19, 2014

Show Week

A lot has happened in the past week!  As mentioned in my previous post I saw Aladdin and Of Mice and Men recently.  Well in the days following that I would go on to see 3 more shows!  It was an exhausting week but so, so much fun.  A good friend of my dad's was in town for a theatre conference and she ended up having an extra ticket to the shows she was seeing so very kindly asked if I would like to join her.  My answer was, of course, an immediate and resounding YES!

The first show we saw was Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.  To tell the truth, this is not a show that had been on my radar much.  I had heard about it, had heard nothing but good things, but I didn't particularly know anything about Carole King.  When I found out I'd be seeing this musical I watched the promo online for it and, it turns out, I knew every single song in the show!

It was actually a fascinating story about this woman who I had no idea had such influence over the music scene of the 60's and 70's.  I hope it does well in the Tonys this year!



The second show was If/Then.  Yes I already saw it, but that doesn't mean I didn't like it just as much the second time!  I've already talked about it in a previous post so let's move on.

The third show I saw was A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder.  This was one I had been wanting to see for a while.  I had heard great things about it.  The main plot is about a guy who finds out he's 8 people away from being an Earl.  So...he decides to kill all of the people in his way.  But it's a comedy!  And all of the victims are played by the same actor!  Fun times all around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment