Monday, July 29, 2013

Amazing Weekend

This weekend truely was the counterpoint to the saying that "money can't buy you happiness"

Ok, maybe not really, but I did buy myself a new television and saw a show and both of those things made me pretty happy!

Fairly recently I learned about this service called 'ebay now'.  I have no idea how they make any money because basically for a $5 delivery charge (although actually mine didn't have a delivery charge for some reason), someone from the company will go to the store and buy you whatever you want and then bring it to you the same time and generally within an hour or two.  I'll admit, I was a little skeptical, but I had been wanting to purchase a larger tv for my apartment but was not entirely sure how I was going to get it back to my apartment, so this seemed to be a good solution!

In fact, it was amazing!  I bought it online through the Ebay Now website, was assigned a valet, the guy called to double check my address and what I wanted and brought it straight to the door!  I set up the TV and there you go!  Now I have a new TV! :)

Then, on Sunday Kari and I decided to try to see a show.  First we tried the lottery for Kinky Boots, but were not chosen in the drawing.  We then decided to check out an off-broadway show called Nobody Loves You.  It is by the same company who put on The Last Five Years (which I loved).  The show was definitely better than I thought.  I was very amused and it also starred an actor who I had seen in the original cast for Book of Mormon.  He really made the show, his characters were the most amusing.  It's kind of a hard show to explain, but basically its about a guy who ends up on a reality television dating show.

And that was my fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment