Monday, January 28, 2013

A Fantastick Reunion

So three separate thoughts for this post.  First of all, it's been snowing a bit here in the big apple.  Kari and I had dinner Friday night after work and she wanted to take pictures in the snow on our way back:

Snow!
Basically it's been very cold here.  And actually yesterday the boiler in my apartment broke so we had no hot water or heat for 24 hours.  It was extremely cold but we bundled up and got out the space heaters so all in all it wasn't the worst evening of my life.

There were 2 exciting events that I went to this weekend!  The first is that I saw the musical The Fantasticks.  It's a very old musical that started in 1960...and it definitely shows.  Basically you can tell it's dated when watching it.  Not to say it isn't good, I enjoyed it, but it's not a musical I could see a million times.  I had seen it before by a rep company in Portland and I liked it but I probably would not have wanted to see this version if it didn't star anybody famous.  Aaron Carter was in this version, which was fun because he was a pop singer when I was in middle school.  The best part was I got to take a picture with him after the show.  13 year old me would be so proud.


If you're interested in a then and now, this is what Aaron Carter was like when he was really big and I knew who he was:



The other thing I did this weekend is I went to a concert that a friend of mine from high school did.  We were both involved in the Youth Rep theatre and did Les Miserables and The Secret Garden.  I haven't seen him probably in 9 years maybe?  So it was amazing to see him again, and he is so talented! He wrote all of the songs that were sung and sang one of them himself.  I also ran into a couple of other guys from Youth Rep and I had the best time catching up with them and seeing how well they are doing for themselves.  Now I just hope we can get this Youth Rep reunion figured out!!

The poster for Blake's concert

No comments:

Post a Comment