Yep, for the past week I've been in Oregon visiting my parents and my grandparents who are also visiting.
Basically it was a very relaxing week of shopping (no sales tax, woo hoo!), seeing friends from college, visiting with former coworkers, eating at the restaurants I can't go to in NY, and I'm probably forgetting something but that seems about the gist of it. I'm actually writing this post from the airport as I wait to take my red-eye outta here.
I made potato chip cookies with my grandma which was fun. I've always loved these cookies and now I finally know how to make them.
Salem is doing this art installation thing where they placed pianos all over the city that anyone could go and play should they so desire. So my mom took a couple of pictures of me playing the piano that is on the pedestrian bridge.
I guess the only other major news is that I got my hair cut! I love that it takes me literally 30 seconds to dry in the mornings again.
I also ended up going through a lot of boxes of my childhood possessions, especially books from elementary school and finally got rid of a ton. I'm actually going to donate many of the children's books to the library of an elementary school in California named after my great-great-grandfather! When I was looking through all of the boxes I found all the old vhs home videos my parents had taken through the years and man, they were hysterical to watch. I ended up recording a few of them from the tv just to have so here's a glimpse.
This is Track Day at the my elementary school in 1994 so I would have been in 1st grade. Clearly my athleticism knows no bounds.
Well, I think that's everything for now. New York here I come!!



No comments:
Post a Comment