Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Major updates!

Okay so I know I'm late.  But here is a little bit of an update haha :)

So a few weeks ago now I got to see an amazing show, Rock of Ages!  It was so much fun!  Good family friends came into NYC and I got to hang out with them which was really great.  Rock of Ages is a show comprised of all rock songs from the 80s.  So if you like those songs then it's definitely a great show.  The storyline is a little bit loose, but it was a fun show to see.  Here's the tony award clip :)



The next week I really didn't feel like working on my finals.  So I decided to take a break and I went to see a free concert on Columbia's campus.  It was Snoop Dogg! Now this normally wouldn't be my kind of scene but I figured he's really famous, and now I can say I've seen him. So I wandered over there to check it out. I actually only stayed for a little bit, but I DID see him so my plan was a success.  Oh, for those who may not know Snoop Dogg is a famous rapper.
You can see Snoop Dogg very small in kind
of a gray sweatshirt in the middle of the stage
The week after the concert I was crazy busy (as my previous updates have shown) with finals.  But, I managed to finish all of my finals and get them turned in.  I'm still waiting on getting back my grade for one class, but I received all A's so far!  :D

Speaking of finals.  I've now updated my portfolio website with my final Flash project from this semester.  It is an interactive map of Willamette's campus.  Well, 5 specified highlights of the campus.  You can check it out at this link:  http://allisonworld.com/mapFlash.html

I also can share my final video for my Culture, Media, and Education class.  It was supposed to be a 3 minute piece on a social issue of my choosing.  I decided to talk about how when budget cuts happen in schools the first things to get cut are arts programs.  And since I looove the arts, I think this is a terrible thing.  So here's my video on that:



Once classes were over I had two awesome visitors in the form of Kachina and Jess!  I'll talk about their visit in a new post.  So two posts will be arriving in the next few days.  1. Their visit and 2. A few pictures from my birthday!

And...just for fun.  This is the teddy bear I bought from the TC bookstore because it was on sale and it was soooo cute and it was calling to me to take it home.  His name is Dexter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment