Monday, February 21, 2011

Flash I Assignments

After much internet searching and help from friends, I finally figured out how to upload my flash assignments to here! *crosses fingers*. So here is the collection of all of my assignments from last semester. I'll do a brief explanation before each one so you can kind of see the progression of what I learned. The amazing thing is if you think about what the first one is versus what my final project or even my midterm is. There is a major difference :)

Some terms I will be using that you may not be familiar with:
stage - basically the window where all of the objects appear.
object - each individual shape on the stage.

This is our first assignment before we had learned how to animate anything and basically we were learning how to add objects to the stage.



This is all made using a single black circle sized 50x50 pixels. So it is made by changing the properties of the circle (like transparency or size).



This is one of the first things we did where we started to use buttons that actually do things when you roll over them or click them. We still hadn't learned how to actually make the buttons do anything except change color yet though. So in this one you can click on the buttons to make them change color and you can click where it says "lumos" to see a star! (There is also a scroll bar!)



This was remaking the previous webpage into something where things would actually happen when you clicked the buttons. Each button is a different spell from Harry Potter :) (Lumos makes the stars appear and if you roll over them they twinkle and Nox makes the stars go out)



For this next one we started to learn how to animate things. Other than that this webpage isn't all that exciting. But I do like Little Women!



This one I actually really like. You have to keep clicking on the butterfly. The assignment was to have the text change as you click on the object (in this case the butterfly) and after 3 or so clicks a filter was supposed to be applied (the red) and after a few more clicks the object was supposed to disappear.



This is my first actual "game". I say "game" because it's not really that fun haha. Use the start race button to get the game going and get the computer runner to start and then use the right arrow key on the keyboard to make the other runner go and see if you can beat it! There is both a win and a lose state and if you want to start over just click on restart runners.



The next two are my two biggest projects, my midterm and my final. This was my midterm. We were supposed to make a webpage that had roughly 6 pages of information (or rather 6 buttons that changed the text). So I did mine about the Elsinore! The buttons are all the ones with the rotating stars and it will give you some background info on the Elsinore, then there is a short quiz and also a game!



And finally, this was my final. We had to make a game like program that would also teach something. So I'm teaching (or really actually reinforcing) the colors in the rainbow. There are directions and if you need help (or more directions) click the winged guy in the corner of the page. Also I forgot! I was reminded by the lovely Kachina that yes, I cannot take credit for the winged guy as he was drawn by my amazingly talented friend Justin who so graciously let me borrow his artwork as my artwork only extends to the point of drawing clouds and shapes and re-appropriating things off of the internet. Thanks Justin!



And that is what I did last semester in Flash I :) I'm honestly pretty proud of myself since I was so terrible at learning Java (a different programming language).

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Justin's art is here!!! Also, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete