I got to see A New Brain at New York City Centre's Encores starring Jonathan Groff. It was a very intriguing musical about a man with a brain tumor. Spoiler alert: he lives. It was very upbeat music and a fun story, though slightly odd subject material. Jonathan Groff, of course, was great!
The only downside. The guy sitting next to me had THE WORST BO I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.
Then the very next day I went to see Bette Midler in her Divine Intervention Tour at Madison Square Garden. I won the tickets through a Time Warner Cable online giveaway. I know, I was astonished too! I'm really glad I won these tickets though because otherwise I never would have gone and I had such a good time.
Bette Midler was really fabulous! It's hard to believe she's 70 and doing a show like this. She had several costume changes and she never seemed to stop moving! Plus she sounded great, she was really funny, and she seemed like she was having a good time on stage.


No comments:
Post a Comment