Saturday, January 4, 2014

Brooklyn Museum

This morning Seth and I went to the Brooklyn Museum.  It's a surprisingly large art museum in Brooklyn and since neither of us had ever been, we thought it would make a good adventure.




My favorite piece that I saw was called Blossom.  It's a piano with a tree growing through the middle of it and then they use electronic music to play a jazz piece.  I'm not really sure why I was so drawn to it.  I'm sure the piano has something to do with it, but other than that I'm not sure.

My picture of the piece
Online picture of the piece
I also really liked this random old wooden sign from some part of Brooklyn history.  The sign said that when it was in use, the eyes glowed and the feet would pedal.  I think it struck me somewhere between fun & cute, and just plain creepy.


At one point while climbing the stairs from floor to floor, we looked out the window and saw a miniature statue of liberty amidst all the snow.  I have no idea why, but it was pretty cool!


You may have also noticed all of the snow curtesy of Winter Storm Hercules.  (Coolest name for a storm ever!)  The snow wasn't really as bad as I think the news made it out to be. I still went to work on Friday, I just wore snow boots and about a zillion layers.

Outside my apartment building in the morning

Outside my office in the afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment