Saturday, June 8, 2013

Catch Up

I am so far behind in my blogging!  I know, kind of a ridiculous statement but I've been wanting to write about all of this for a while!

So let's begin, shall we?

My birthday was on May 18th!  I love my birthday, its always such a happy time :)  My coworkers were so sweet and surprised me on the Friday with cupcakes and a card and then we all went out for drinks afterwards.  Then on Saturday I went to Karaoke with friends and then we had cake and my apartment.  And man, was this some incredible cake!  Kari made me a cake that looks like hogwarts!

Birthday Festivities!


Roses from Seth :)

I couldn't help it, I wanted to be a birthday princess!

My Birthday Dalek now has a place of honor on my desk at work


The week after my birthday I had a visitor in the form of Tanya, a friend of mine from Willamette.  She was down in the city because her senior thesis film (she just graduated from film school) was being showcased in a gallery.  So I had a lot of fun hanging out and visiting with her and then we got to go to the opening reception of the gallery!  It was definitely fun to see Tanya's films (we were also treated to an exclusive Q and A later on) but I think several of the other artists works made me realize just how much I don't understand art.  Especially when it's contemporary art.  But oh well. It was fun to see everything.

Yay Tanya!

One of the art pieces I did not understand
Roommates being classy




Long Day

Me with the artist!
Also the week after my birthday I had jury duty for the first time.  It wasn't all that terrible actually.  I got quite a bit of reading done and it was pretty fascinating to see the judicial system is action.  I didn't get called for any cases but I got to watch the jurys being picked for 2 cases.  One even settled halfway through picking jurors!

The fog made the skyline look really cool

This is where I had lunch.  Fitting, right?

Seth and I spent an enjoyable afternoon walking around Central Park.  And discovered some crazy things deep in the heart of it!

There was a face etched onto the rock!



Seth also invited me to the wedding reception of some childhood friends of his.  I had met them a couple of times and they are so nice!  So it was fun to celebrate with them.  The reception was at this fancy country club in Westchester.  The food was great, I got to hang out with Seth and meet a bunch of interesting people.




My roommates and I also had bought tickets to see Annie because Jane Lynch (of Glee and other fame) is currently playing the role of Miss Hannigan.  I had already seen Annie a few months ago, but it's such a fun one I was happy to see it again, especially to see such a talented actress in the role.  It was so much fun and I even was able to get her to sign my playbill at the stage door afterwards!




Phew! I think I'm finally caught up with the past couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment