Saturday, March 24, 2012

No Regrets Here

So I'm finally getting around to posting about the show I saw last weekend!

I ended up going to see a new play called Regrets.  It was basically about this place in Nevada where in the 1950s guys went if they wanted to get divorced.  I'm still a little hazy on why this was needed for a divorce, but I also haven't bothered to do much research into it.  There was, of course, also a side plot about communism.  Basically the reason I ended up wanting to see it is that Alexis Bledel was in it.  Basically I know her from the tv show Gilmore Girls (she played the daughter Rory).  She actually had a surprisingly small part in this play but the play itself was really interesting and the other actors who were in it were fantastic.  The set was also really cool in that it was made to look like rural Nevada so there was actual sand and grass and stuff on the ground and they had a campfire that had a real fire in it.

There's an interesting kind of behind the scenes video of the play:



I've decided I need to start seeing more plays. I do enjoy the occasional play, I think I just end up getting caught up in the glamour of musicals.

Speaking of plays, I'm going to see another play tomorrow!  And someone I know is in it!  So that should be pretty fun.  I couldn't find anyone to go with me to this one, but I still wanted to see it, so I just decided to take myself out to see a show.  How's that for empowerment?

No comments:

Post a Comment