Friday, February 17, 2012

Bonus Post!

Yes indeed, it is a Bonus Post!!!!

First of all I want to brag about myself a little bit, so I thought I'd share the photos my grandma sent me of the cross stitch that I made for my grandfather.  I worked really hard on this and I'm really proud of the way it turned out :)

The finished piece

My grandfather! :)

Anywayyyy, back to other matters.  So many of you know that I did indeed find a job but you probably have no idea what I do!  Well, let's clear that up right now.  I may not have posted in a while but I have been keeping a running list of things I wanted to share about my job so here goes:

I am indeed working freelance for BBC America (yes, the TV channel).  My title is Digital Content Assistant in the Digital Distribution Department.  Basically we deal with the shows that get shown online, in places like Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, and XBox Live just to name a few.  It's pretty cool and the people I work with are really awesome so so far, it's been great!

Here are the highlights of my job so far:
  • Bagel Fridays....yes, every Friday there is an assortment of bagels to choose from.  It's pretty much the best thing ever.
  • I've learned how to spot British spelling from a mile away as part of my job is to "Americanize" episode descriptions, meaning that I end up changing a lot of S's to Z's and taking out a lot of U's.
  • Also having to do somewhat with the previous bullet point, my first week I learned what a "spanner" was.  Turns out, it's a wrench.  Yup, I had to google that but hey, now I know...and so do you!
  • There is a guy who sits near me who I swear sounds exactly like Alan Rickman.
  • One side effect of this job is that I now have all these new shows that I really really want to watch, but of course have no time to do so.  It also means that if you give me a title of a British television show, I can probably tell you if it's from the BBC or not.
  • Speaking of if a show is part of the BBC or not.  One thing I've learned, which yes, I didn't know, is that not everything British comes from the BBC.  Downton Abby is a perfect example of this.  Yes, it's British...No it does not come from the BBC.
Ok, well that was my running list :)  My next post shall be about my apartment but I haven't had the chance to take pictures of it yet so....that will happen eventually! Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment