Saturday, July 9, 2011

Clamming Adventure!

One quick note before I start this post.  Have you noticed that a lot of my post titles include the word "Adventure"?  I just realized that.  I think it's because life is an adventure.

But anyway, what I'm here to talk about is a little thing I like to call clamming.  While I was in Oregon I was sitting around, minding my own business, when my mother turns to me and said, "Victor wants me to go clamming with him tomorrow morning.  Do you want to go?"  What followed was a very long and involved conversation about what time we would have to wake up (4am), whether or not I had a rain jacket left at home (I did), whether or not I could even go if I don't have a shellfish license (If I don't actually do any of the digging I could go to watch), whether or not I had waterproof shoes (I didn't but I could borrow my mom's).  I was almost convinced but still a little wary at getting up so early in the morning when I was supposed to be on vacation when I was bribed with the idea that I could bring along my video camera and document the trip.  So I packed up all my gear, said I'd see how I felt when it became 4am, and went to sleep.

At 4am my mom and I dragged ourselves out of bed and got ready to go meet Victor.  Now let's talk a little bit about why Victor wanted to drag everybody out to the beach at low tide.  One, apparently he thinks these kinds of things are fun (ok, so actually it was a ton of fun but shhh, that'll be our little secret).  Two, Victor (and Charles) write this really amazing blog call Savor The Taste Of Oregon.  It has all kinds of stories and recipes, all having to do with food and fun in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.  The blog is very cool, especially if you enjoy cooking so definitely go check it out.

Here is the post that Victor wrote about our adventures and while you're there you can check out the rest of their blog.  On it you can see a shortened version of the video I made (see full video later in this post) and you can also see a pretty cool video of how Charles ended up cleaning the clams.  GO CHECK IT OUT!  www.Savor The Taste Of Oregon.com

Anyway, so now that you've read the full description, here are a few photos and the video from our adventure.

Bucket O' Clams

Victor and my mom with their bounty

See...I touched the clams too!

And now, the piéce de résistance: The video I made of our journey entitled The Clamming Caper. Please enjoy.  Also remember that the it was reaaaaaaaaaallllly early in the morning with not much sleep.  So we were a little goofy ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment